The City of Frederick is committed to the life, health, and safety of our residents and employees. As we continue to recovery, let's be consistent with our hygiene practices, be flexible as we all re-enter the community with what feels safe to us, support our local businesses, and get vaccinated!
The City of Frederick is committed to providing uninterrupted essential services to our residents. As we reopen, many of the virtual services will remain in addition to in-person options. Thank you for your continued flexibility and communication.
- Public meetings are beginning a phased return to in-person operations beginning in July.
- Mayor and Board of Aldermen workshops will return to in-person meetings after July 6th with Planning Commission, Historic Preservation Commission and the Zoning Board of Appeals returning to in-person meetings beginning in August.
- Beginning in September, other boards and commissions will return to an in-person meeting schedule and the public will be permitted to join our boards and commission meetings in person.
- More information regarding public meetings and how you can engage remotely or in person will continue to be shared as these dates near.
- Viewing and commenting in a virtual way is still possible. Learn more.
- NAC meetings will continue on a virtual quarterly basis at least until September. Visit cityoffrederickmd.gov/nac for schedules and information.
BILLS & CITATION PAYMENTS
- The City will host Pop Up dining along Market Street on the fourth Saturdays of June, July, and August. On June 26, July 24, and August 28, Market Street will be closed to vehicles from 11AM to 11PM to allow in-the-street dining between Patrick Street and 3rd Street. Participating restaurants will place tables in the roadway to expand outdoor dining opportunities, much like the effort put in place last summer during restricted dining orders.
- Curbside pickup zones and extended free garage parking will be discontinued on July 6th as more patrons return to in-person dining and shopping in our downtown area.
PLANNING, ENGINEERING & BUILDING PERMITS
- The City continues the use of its online submittal portal for applications, plans, and fee payments for work with the Planning, Engineering, and Building Departments. Through this service, the public can submit for the intake of building permit applications, site and subdivision plans, Historic Preservation Commission applications, Zoning Board of Appeals, Archelogy, public improvement/grading plans, and many other applications. For more information, please Building & Permits, Planning, and Engineering.
HOUSING AND HUMAN SERVICES
- The health center is operating 9AM-5PM and offering in-person services.
- COVID-19 testing is available upon request.
- The soup kitchen is open 5:30PM-6:30PM daily
- The Foodbank is operating via appointments (Online Foodbank Appointment Scheduler). Walk-in services will resume on July 6th.
PARKS AND RECREATION
- The Department has resumed regular permitting for outdoor Park facility and pavilion rentals, and field permits. www.cityoffrederickmd.gov/webtrac
The Parade/Walk/Race permit application process has resumed. Please be advised that only posted, pre-approved city routes will be considered. Special routes will not be considered at this time.
The William R. Talley Recreation Center has been open for fitness center members and department programming. The Center will resume regular activities effective July 6, 2021. This includes all programming, open gym basketball, and open gym volleyball.
All Frederick County Public School Satellite Recreation Centers will be closed until further notice. New facility reservations are currently unavailable. All existing reservations have been canceled and cannot be rescheduled.
City Announcements & Documents
- Executive Order 21-4 (signed March 12, 2021)
- Executive Order 21-3 (signed 2/23/2021)
- Executive Order 21-2 (signed 2/5/2021)
- Executive Order 21-1 (signed 1/30/2021)
- Executive Order 20-9 (signed 10/12/2020)
- Executive Order 20-8 (signed 10/2/2020)
- Executive Order 20-7 (signed 9/21/2020)
- Executive Order 20-6 (signed 6/12/2020)
- Executive Order 20-5 (signed 6/5/2020)
- Executive Order 20-4 (signed 5/29/2020)
- Executive Order (signed 5/15/2020)
- State of Emergency Extension (signed 4/8/2020)
- State of Emergency Declaration (signed 3/13/2020)
- City Notice: Historic Preservation Commission Legal Time Requirement
- City Notice: Public Information Act Legal Time Requirement
- City Notice: Concerning Certain Deadlines Relating to Taxicabs
- Frederick County Health Department
- Frederick Health
- Frederick County Senior Services
- Business in Frederick Toolkit
- Business in Frederick Impact Survey
- Maryland Department of Commerce Resources
- Frederick County Chamber of Commerce
- Maryland State Police Business Guidance
WAYS TO HELP
Below is a list of opportunities to provide help to our community at this time. To have your organization’s need added to this list, please email email@example.com.
Donate to Local Relief Campaigns
- United Way of Frederick County COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund
- City of Frederick Economic Development Micro Grant Fund
- Community Foundation of Frederick County COVID-19 Relief Fund
Support Local Nonprofits Serving Our Community
- City Youth Matrix & I Believe in Me Partnership
- Religious Coalition for Emergency Human Needs
- The Rescue Mission
- Spanish Speaking Community of Maryland, Frederick
- Asian American Center of Frederick
Help to Create and Provide Personal Protective Equipment
- Frederick Community Action Agency - in need of masks for soup kitchen clients
- Frederick Health Hospital - no longer has a need at this time
- Sewing for Lives (Shield Co)
- Project Linus