The Church Street Garage will reopen for hourly parking, with limited spaces, for limited times beginning Friday, August 17, 2012 at 4:00PM. Please make note of the following points:
CONTACT: Susan Harding, Public Information Officer, 301-600-1385
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Thursday, August 16, 2012
Church Street Parking Deck Will Reopen for Limited Parking
Frederick, MD – The Church Street Garage will reopen for hourly parking, with limited spaces, for limited times beginning Friday, August 17, 2012 at 4:00PM. Please make note of the following points:
- The first level of the Church Street Parking Garage will reopen at 4:00PM on Friday, August 17, 2012 and will remain open the entire weekend until 6:00AM on Monday, August 20, 2012 and will only be to accessible to vehicles from East Church Street.
- Because the garage is still undergoing repairs and is an active construction site during the work week, any vehicles left in the garage after 6:00AM on Monday, August 20, 2012 will be towed at the vehicle owners’ expense. No exceptions.
- The garage will only be accessible from East Church Street. The garage entrance off of North Market Street will remain closed and blocked.
- There will be approximately 80 spaces plus 6 handicap spaces available all on the first level.
- The elevator and stairs will remain closed to users because they are under repair. The first level spaces are within easy walking distance to the exits.
- The garage parking pay stations will be in operation at both the front and back of the first level of the garage.
- Beginning Monday night August 20, 2012 the first level of the Church Street Garage will reopen from 4:00PM until 6:00AM the next morning. This will continue each night until additional space and levels are repaired and are safely accessible to users.
- It is important to note that the Church Street Garage is limited to hourly users. Monthly pass will not work at the Church Street Garage. The limited parking is open to hourly parkers only and will remain that way until further notice. Monthly pass parkers need to continue to park in their temporary assigned garage.
We will continue to send updates to the public through Nixle, Twitter, the City’s e-newsletter and press releases. We truly appreciate your cooperation and support. Again, the entire Church Street Garage will reopen to the public in mid-October.
Merchants, residents and visitors are advised to use the existing four parking decks that are located within three blocks of the Church Street Parking Garage. The locations are as follows;
• Court Street Parking Deck– 2 South Court Street
• Carroll Creek Parking Deck– 44 East Patrick Street
• West Patrick Parking Deck– 138 West Patrick Street
• East All Saints Parking Deck– 125 East All Saints Street
• Attached please find a map highlighting ADA parking availability in each parking deck and the locations of City structured parking facilities.
In addition to the parking decks, there is on-street hourly parking available and two surface parking lots located on the 300 block of North Market Street next to Old Town Tavern and in front of the former Carmack Jay Building.
The Church Street Garage Rehabilitation project will extend the lifespan of the existing garage for an additional seven years. In an effort to minimize the impact the closure of a parking deck has on the community, this three month closure will allow the garage to remain open uninterrupted for years.
The City of Frederick Parking Department thanks citizens, businesses, and visitors for your continued cooperation and patience during the renovations of the Church Street Parking Deck