The City of Frederick Taxicab Commission has thirty-one (31) taxicab permits available.
A person wishing to obtain a new taxicab permit must submit to the Taxicab Administrative Agency, on or before May 15, 2022:
- A City of Frederick Taxicab Permit Application
- A permit fee of $2,500 in the form of a certified check (refundable only if permit is not granted)
Each applicant may submit one application and associated fee for each available permit. In the event that there are thirty-one or less applicant(s), the eligible applicant(s) will be awarded the permit(s).
If there are more than thirty-one applicants, a lottery will be conducted on or before June 01, 2022, in the Boardroom at City Hall, 101 N. Court Street. The Taxicab Commission will choose the winners to receive the taxicab permits by a random drawing of names of eligible applicants. Once the winners are selected to receive a taxicab permit, the $2,500 fee for that permit is nonrefundable.
Applications may be obtained at any of the following locations:
- Frederick Police Department Headquarters, 100 W. Patrick St., Frederick;
- Frederick Police Professional Services Division, 136 W. Patrick St., Frederick;
- On the web at www.cityoffrederickmd.gov
Applicants can also contact Special Vehicle Coordinator Jenny Henneberry at 301-600-2122, or jhenneberry@frederickMDpolice.org, to obtain an application and request information.