Due to the continuing impact of the current COVID-19 surge, the City of Frederick is continuing the modified operational changes announced last week through at least Jan. 31. Those operational changes include:
- City offices remain closed to the public.
- All meetings will remain virtual.
- The Weinberg Center is closed to the public.
- With modified operations and safety measures in place, Parks and Recreation facilities, including Talley Rec Center, will remain open to the public.
- Parks will remain open for use. Users are encouraged to practice physical distancing, wear a mask when unable to socially distance, and practice proper hand hygiene.
“The COVID-19 pandemic continues to task organizations nationwide with the challenge of keeping its workforce safe while maintaining the delivery of core services. These operational changes have allowed the City of Frederick to reduce the number of COVID-19 cases impacting our workforce and still continue to deliver the services our residents expect,” said Mayor Michael O’Connor. “This surge continues to present challenges to the City of Frederick, but our employees have met these challenges head-on. Their work through this trying time has been nothing short of exemplary and each and every one of them has my continued appreciation.”
For more information regarding testing, vaccines or booster availability, visit https://covidlink.maryland.gov/.