At the May 6, 2021 Mayor and Board of Aldermen Public Meeting, the Board approved the following items:
- A Payment in Lieu of Tax Agreement with Hamilton Station LLC. This agreement enables the Mayor and Board of Aldermen to negotiate agreed-upon payments in lieu of applicable real estate taxes for certain housing projects. The projects must comply with certain criteria and must provide safe and sanitary housing for low and moderate-income residents.
- A request to serve beer and wine at Carroll Creek. The request is in connection with a concert series planned for the Carroll Creek Park Amphitheater for a total of eight dates throughout the summer.
- A purchase order to American LINK Electronics Closed Captioning. This purchase will increase accessibility to City meetings and other productions by providing closed captioning in English and Spanish.
- Authority for the Mayor to sign a letter of intent for the City to purchase a 0.1 acre parcel of land for a 40 West High Zone Water Pumping Station Infrastructure. The City’s current infrastructure is nearing the end of its useful life and modernization of this facility will require more land. The land, located on West Patrick Street, is currently owned by the Maryland State Highway Administration, and valued at $63,665.
- A Mutual Release and Termination Agreement and new Stadium Lease with Frederick Keys Baseball Club, LLC. Due to the impact of Covid-19 and Major League Baseball’s reorganization of minor league baseball, the existing Stadium Lease with the Keys is no longer viable. Through this action, that agreement is terminated and a new lease entered into with terms that better accommodate the uncertain nature of the MLB Draft League with which the Keys are not affiliated.
More information on all agenda items can be found on the City website under Public Meetings/Mayor and Board of Aldermen.