As the expectation of snow accumulation from Winter Storm Orlena ends, The City of Frederick reminds residents, businesses, and travelers to remain alert and cautious when traveling.
- Free parking in downtown parking garages has been EXTENDED to 8AM tomorrow morning, Wednesday, February 3rd. All cars must be removed by 8AM to avoid paying parking fees.
- Street maintenance (i.e. street sweeping) has been suspended through Thursday evening, February 4th to allow for additional street parking.
- Roads and sidewalks will become slick as the sun sets. Please use caution and beware of black ice.
- Given the forecasted winds, the City may experience snow drifts, especially along Christopher's Crossing, Monocacy Boulevard, Himes Avenue, Butterfly Lane, Mt. Phillip Road, Shookstown Road, and Yellow Springs Road.
- Property owners are responsible for clearing snow and ice from the sidewalks around their property within 12 hours after snow stops falling. A person owning or occupying a lot or part of a lot abutting a City sidewalk must remove the snow and ice and clear a path 4 feet wide or the entire width of the sidewalk, whichever is less (please do not shovel snow back into the street). If a property owner fails to comply, a fine not exceeding $100 may be issued and the snow removed by the city with the resultant costs assessed to the property owner.