A letter from the External Search Committee to The City of Frederick.
Dear Members of the Frederick Community:
As the search for Frederick’s next Chief of Police continues, Mayor O’Connor has tasked the External Search Committee with developing a comprehensive plan to garner public feedback. To ensure we engage various community stakeholders, we have designed many opportunities for you to share your voice and participate in the process.
We invite you to participate in one or all of these forums over the next several weeks:
- Take our survey at frederickmd.gov/chiefsearch. Available in English and Spanish, you can answer our survey in 5 minutes. Paper versions of the survey are available at City Hall if needed and can be returned to the dropbox outside of City Hall along Church Street. The survey will close on November 1, 2020.
- Participate in a Virtual Community Feedback Session. Consistent with the City’s determination that there will no in-person meetings, we will hold two virtual community feedback sessions to garner feedback.
- Tuesday, October 27, 2020 at 10AM
- Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 6PM
How to view:
How to provide comments and feedback during meeting:
- Call 301-600-1213
- Comments will be limited to five minutes and offered during the public comment agenda item (per usual meeting protocols).
- Callers will be placed in a queue upon calling.
- Listen to and make comments at our Virtual Committee Meetings. Our committee is meeting weekly on Thursday at 11:30a.m.* to discuss the search process. Listen in by calling 929-229-5669 and entering code 58654218#. Public comment is accepted near the end of each meeting. *This week, the committee will meet at 7:00pm on Thursday, October 22, 2020.
- Submit written comment. Share additional thoughts/questions/concerns along the way during our search on our public engagement page: frederickmd.gov/chieffeedback
Thank you for your feedback and input on the search process for the next Chief of Police for The City of Frederick.
The External Search Committee
Teresa Bean, Education Representative, Chair
Kavonte Duckett, Human Services Representative, Vice-Chair
Derek Shackelford, Alderman
Julia Schaeffer, Resident
Kiesha Edmonds, Housing Services Representative
Willie Ollie, Resident
Danielle Doll, Business Community Representative
Eliezer Valentin-Castanon, Religious Community Representative
Nkem Wellington, Resident
Sgt. Jonathan Shatlock, FPD Representative
Chelsea Kadish, Legal Community Representative
Karen Paulson, Staff Liaison
Gayon Sampson, Staff Liaison