At the July 2, 2020 Mayor and Board of Aldermen Public Meeting, the Board approved the following items:
- A Resolution to change the name of a portion of Scholls Lane to Scottys Bus Lane. Raymond Scott, Sr. was a well-known member of the community, known for operating “Scotty’s Bus” in the area to be renamed. Following his recent death, a request was made to rename the portion of Scholls Lane in his honor.
- An MOU with Frederick County and the Religious Coalition for Human Needs to coordinate the delivery of homeless services and provide funding for the Alan P. Linton Emergency Shelter. This MOU continues an ongoing collaboration to provide services to our most vulnerable residents.
- First Amendment to a Lease with Potomac Edison Company. This lease was originally entered into in September of 2005. This amendment extends the term of the lease by six months to allow time for negotiation of extension and modification of the lease.
- A Franchise Agreement with Comcast. The City entered into the current franchise agreement with Comcast on June 9, 2011. Changes enacted through the new agreement include future availability of Channel 99 in HD and application of certain benefits provided by Comcast to the franchise fee.
- A Resolution to revise the Policies and Procedures Handbook for City Employees. These revisions allow for alternative work arrangements including teleworking, flexible work schedules, compressed work schedules, and reduced work schedules. This action builds upon and creates formal policies around practices currently in place due to the Coronavirus emergency.
- An Ordinance concerning landlord-tenant relations. This Ordinance prohibits rent increases and collection of late fees by landlords until 180 days after the end of the Governor’s state of emergency.
- Action concerning amendments to the Community Development Block Grant Annual Action Plan and Citizens Participation Plan to include a program to provide utility grant assistance to households affected by the COVID-19 crisis. This program will be funded through CDBG CARES Act funding. The Board approved two separate resolutions, one to amend each plan, and two Special Ordinances to amend the FY 2021 budget to include and allocate the Cares Act Funds.
More information on all agenda items can be found on the City website under Public Meetings/Mayor and Board of Aldermen.