FREDERICK POLICE DEPARTMENT
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 4, 2018
Police Investigate Pedestrian Struck by Motor Vehicle
FREDERICK, MD – On today’s date at approximately 7:02 am, officers responded to Baughmans Lane near Waterford Drive for reports of a pedestrian struck by a motor vehicle. The pedestrian, female, age 43, was transported to an area hospital for non-life threatening injuries. The driver stopped and remained at the scene. Upon investigation, it was found the pedestrian was in the roadway improperly.
As a friendly reminder, the Frederick Police Department is offering a few tips that will help make the roads a safer place.
- Look for pedestrians before you enter or exit a driveway. This is when you cross the sidewalk where pedestrians walk. Since they are on the sidewalk, they might be less alert than when crossing streets.
- Be alert: with the warmer weather upon us, be on the lookout for increased pedestrian traffic, increased bicycle traffic, and an increase in children playing at parks, in schoolyards, and in residential areas.
- Please make sure you are visible: wear lightly colored clothing or reflective clothing at night and brightly colored clothing during the day. If your clothing is dark, it is more difficult to be seen.
- Know and follow the traffic rules, signs and signals. Never assume a driver will give you the right of way.
- Use crosswalks when crossing the street. If a crosswalk is not available, cross in the well-lit spot available. Before crossing, first, look left, then right, then left again to check for any traffic.
- Stay on the sidewalks whenever possible. Avoid walking along highways or roadways.
Public Information Contact: Michele Bowman 301-600-2091 / 240-446-4912
Anonymous Tip: 301-600-TIPS (8477)
Anonymous Tip Text: 240-674-TIPS (8477)
Anonymous Tip Email: firstname.lastname@example.org