On December 12th, the Frederick Police Department conducted Tobacco Compliance Checks of commercial establishments selling Tobacco products within the City of Frederick.
Frederick Police Officers, with the help of two underage volunteers, were able to check 19 businesses for compliance with state laws prohibiting the sale of tobacco products to minors.
The Frederick Police Department would like to thank the following business establishments for their compliance with state laws:
- Get Go – 1000 W. Patrick St
- 7-Eleven – 1042 W. Patrick St
- Westridge Liquors- 1045 W. Patrick St
- Hillcrest Beer & Wine – 1090 W. Patrick St
- Rite Aid Pharmacy – 1000 Key pkwy
- Willowtree Liquors- 5 Willowdale Dr.
- Estrella Market – 1507 W. Patrick St
- Washingtonian Express – 1395 W. Patrick St
- Family Dollar – 467 W. Patrick St
- Tobacco 4 Less – 1100 W. Patrick St.
- DJ Liquors – 1306 W. Patrick St
- Exxon Golden Mile – 1380 W. Patrick St
- Waverly Beer & wine – 45-A Waverly Dr
- 7-Eleven – 1501 W. Patrick St.
- Weis Markets – 2 Old Camp Rd.
- Rosemont Service Center – 1704 Rosemont Ave
- Sheetz – 1600 Rosemont Ave
The following establishments did not comply with the law and offenders will be issued citations:
- Frederick Sunoco – 1200 W. Patrick St
- Frederick Shell – 1275 W. Patrick St.
This operation was funded by a grant from the SYNAR Fund that is administered by the Frederick County Health Department, Substance Abuse Prevention Services. Merchant training is available to help in complying with the law and employee training.
Released by OFC. L. Sinay
For more information contact OFC. L. Sinay at email@example.com or 240-549-4559