A regular meeting of the Mayor and Board of Aldermen for the City of Frederick will be held on Thursday, November 17, 2011,at 7:00 p.m. at City Hall for the purpose of considering the following agenda items:
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
IV. BILLS PAID OCTOBER 15, 2011 THROUGH NOVEMBER 4, 2011 $3,307,365.55; BILLS PAID SINCE JULY 1, 2011 $29,466,989.54.
V. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
VI. REPORT OF EXECUTIVE SESSIONS HELD
VII. MAYOR’S COMMENTS
VIII. ALDERMANIC BUSINESS/COMMENTS
IX. CONSENT AGENDA
All matters included under this item are considered to be routine by the Mayor and Board of Aldermen. They will be approved by one motion, without separate discussion of each item, unless any person present requests an item or items to be removed from the Consent Agenda. Any item removed from the Consent Agenda will be considered separately at the end of the Consent Agenda. If you would like any of the items below considered separately, please say so when the Mayor announces each category.
A. Agreements between City and Developers:
1. Approval of release of Selective Insurance Bond in the amount of $42,226.51 posted by Rentals Unlimited as guarantee of completion of improvements to their site at 36 Thomas Johnson Drive, further described in PWA dated 11/21/07.
2. Approval of release of cash funds in the amount of $11,821.03 posted by El Shaddai Congregation as guarantee of completion of water service to their site at 206 E. 4th Street, further described in PWA dated 05/12/11.
3. Approval of release of Fidelity & Deposit Bond in the amount of $9,881.06 posted by Morningstar Foods as guarantee of completion of SEC measures to their site at 428 E. Patrick Street, further described in PWA dated 10/05/10.
4. Approval of release of Fidelity & Deposit Bond in the amount of $11,303.80 posted by Morningstar Foods as guarantee of completion of public improvements to their site at 428 E. Patrick Street, further described in PWA dated 03/25/11.
B. Acceptance of Grants:
1. Acceptance of a $267,914 Community Services Block Grant from the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development.
1. An award of bid and issuance of a purchase order in the amount of $75,105.00 to Criswell Chevrolet, Inc. for Item #1 sign shop truck model 2012 and option #1 vehicle mounted arrow board. (Bid #12-2).
X. PUBLIC HEARING – CONSIDERATION FOR APPROVAL OF:
1. Public hearing for members of the public to appear and testify with respect to the refunding of the 2001 Airport Bonds.
2. Ordinance to authorize the issuance and sale of a general obligation installment bond in a maximum principal amount not to exceed Fifteen Million Dollars ($15,000,000) pursuant to the authority of the Maryland Water Quality Financing Administration Act.
3. Resolution to specify certain terms of the 2011 Refunding Bonds.
4. An Ordinance to amend Article 7, Section 721, of the Land Management Code (LMC) entitled “Forest Conservation,” for the purpose of including the Code of Maryland 08.19 changes to the Annotated Code of Maryland Natural Resource Article, Title 5, Subtitle 16 Forest Conservation.
5. An Ordinance to amend Appendix A of the Land Management Code, by amending Section 301, Section 611, Section 821, and Section 1125 pertaining to fences, walls, and hedges.
6. A Memorandum of Understanding with the State Highway Administration for preliminary design for MD 180 / MD 351 interim improvements in the amount of $ 278,992.32.
7. A Resolution of Support for a Community Legacy Grant application in the amount of $250,000 to the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development for Carroll Creek Park Improvements and Downtown Façade Improvement Program.
8. The issuance of a purchase order in the amount of $59,450.00 to International Salt LLC for the purchase of one thousand tons of bulk rock salt.
9. An Agreement for Non-Commissioned Officers with the Fraternal Order of Police, Francis Scott Key Lodge #91.
10. An Agreement for Commissioned Officers with the Fraternal Order of Police, Francis Scott Key Lodge #91.
XII. ALDERMANIC BUSINESS/COMMENTS
XIII. MAYOR’S COMMENTS
XIV. COMMITTEE REPORTS
XV. DIRECTOR REPORTS
XVI. CITIZEN COMMENTS - This is an opportunity for citizens to address the Mayor and Aldermen regarding items that may or may not appear on the Agenda. Please note speakers should first give their name and address. You are reminded that these proceedings are broadcast on live TV and you should talk clearly and directly into the microphone. All comments are limited to a total of five (5) minutes. If you wish to ask a question and want a response, that will become a part of the five (5) minute limit.
A complete and final agenda will be available for review prior to the meeting at the Reception Desk in City Hall and on the Internet at www.cityoffrederick.com. The meeting will be broadcast live on City Government Cable Channel 99. For information regarding the agenda, minutes, or public meetings of the Mayor & Board of Aldermen, please contact Marsha Bowers at 301-600-2575. Individuals requiring special accommodations are requested to call 5 days prior to the meeting to make arrangements.
The City of Frederick Government does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected group in employment or in the provision of services.