On April 18, 2017, the Frederick Police Department conducted Tobacco Compliance Checks of commercial establishments selling Tobacco products within the City of Frederick.
Frederick Police Officers, with the help of an underage volunteer, was able to check 11 businesses for compliance with state laws prohibiting the sale of tobacco products to minors.
The Frederick Police Department would like to thank the following business establishments for their compliance with state laws:
- -Joey’s Express – 430 E. Patrick St.
- - Giant Eagle – 1305 W. Patrick St.
- - Safeway – 927 W. 7th St.
- - Weis Markets – 448 Prospect Blvd.
- - Vape Addictions – 4 S. McCain Dr.
- - BP – 2050 Yellow Springs Rd.
- - Sheetz- 1600 Rosemont Ave
- - Dollar General – 902 N. East St
- - Walmart
The following establishments did not comply with the law and offenders were issued citations:
- Giant Food – 1700 Kingfisher Dr
- V Rocks Vapor Shop – 1713 Rosemont Ave.
This operation was funded by a grant from the SYNAR Fund that is administered by the Frederick County Health Department, Substance Abuse Prevention Services. Merchant training is available to help in complying with the law and employee training.
Released by OFC. L. Sinay
For more information contact Lt. Bruce DeGrange 301-600-2118