Update – 6:10 AM -City Government Offices Delayed Opening Remains at 10:00 AM
Employees Operating Under Liberal Leave
Frederick, MD – February16, 2015: Delayed opening of City Government offices will remain at 10:00 AM today, Tuesday, February 16th. Non-essential employees will operate under the Liberal Leave Policy. Essential employees for this event must report unless otherwise notified by their supervisor.
Reduced staffing levels of some City offices may occur as a result of today's weather conditions. Citizens are encouraged to confirm their appointments or call ahead to ensure that staff is available to assist them before traveling to a City office.
Motorist and pedestrians are urged to exercise extreme caution when driving or walking as some icy areas may exist until temperatures rise.
Heavy rains forecasted for early afternoon could cause flooding concerns. Please keep storm drains clear of debris.
Information regarding inclement weather will be announced via:
• Local radio stations Key 103.1, WFRE 99.9, AM 930 WFMD, 106.9 The Eagle, and WTHU.
• City Television Cable Channel 99
• Local newspaper www.fredericknewspost.com
• The City of Frederick website www.cityoffrederick.com
• Subscribe to "Alert Frederick County" to receive weather information at www.frederickcountymd.gov/alerts
• Call The City of Frederick Emergency Information Phone line at 301.600.1300.
For road conditions call 511, monitor your local media outlets, or go to www.marylandroads.com for current conditions
In the event of down trees and power lines;
• Report downed and low hanging power lines by calling 1.800.686.0011and do not attempt to cross over or under the lines.
• Report downed trees by calling 301.600.1440.
For additional information contact Susan Harding at email@example.com or 301.600.1385