City Government Offices Will Close at 1:00 PM on Friday, January 22
Employees Operating Under Liberal Leave
Frederick, MD – January 21, 2016: Due to the weather forecast for heavy snow, City Government offices will close at 1:00 PM on Friday, January 22.
Non-Essential employees will operate under the Liberal Leave Policy. Essential employees for this event must report unless otherwise notified by their supervisor.
Reduced staffing levels of some City offices may occur as a result of the forecasted weather conditions. Citizens are encouraged to confirm their appointments or call ahead to ensure that staff is available to assist them before traveling to a City office.
For road conditions, call 1-800-327-3125, monitor your local media outlets, or go to www.marylandroads.com for current conditions.
Please be aware of possible down trees and power lines. Report downed and low hanging power lines by calling 1.800.686.0011 and do not attempt to cross over or under the lines. Report downed trees by calling 301.600.1440.
Information regarding inclement weather will be announced via:
• Local radio stations Key 103.1, WFRE 99.9, AM 930 WFMD, 106.9 The Eagle and WTHU
• City Television Cable Channel 99
• Local newspaper www.fredericknewspost.com
• The City of Frederick website www.cityoffrederick.com
• Subscribe to "Alert Frederick County" to receive weather information at www.frederickcountymd.gov/alerts
• Call The City of Frederick Emergency Information Phone line at 301.600.1300.
For additional information, contact Susan Harding at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301.600.1385.