With the prediction of a major snow event in our near future, The Frederick Police Department would like to pass along some safety and preparedness tips to keep you and your family safe.
Safety & Preparedness Tips from the Frederick Police Department
Major Snow Event on the Way
Frederick, MD – January 20, 2016: With the prediction of a major snow event in our near future, The Frederick Police Department would like to pass along some safety and preparedness tips to keep you and your family safe.
Snow, ice, and extreme cold can make driving treacherous. Prior to the storm make sure your car is ready for the season with a tune-up, snow tires or tires with good tread, a charged battery and sufficient antifreeze. It is also important to have the following supplies in your vehicle.
o Windshield scraper
o Blanket, hat, socks, mittens
o Hand warmers
o First aid kit
o Pocket knife
o Rock salt, sand or cat litter
o Booster cables
o Emergency Flares
o Cell phone charger
If you must travel in bad weather, drive slowly and let someone know your route and anticipated arrival time. If you are stopped or stalled, stay in your vehicle and run your heater for a few minutes every hour to keep warm. Make sure the exhaust pipe is not blocked and keep your window cracked open.
In the event that a snow emergency is declared by the Mayor, the following routes are designated snow emergency routes in the City of Frederick. There is no parking along the snow emergency routes and vehicles may be towed.
SNOW EMERGENCY ROUTES
Street Start End
1. Market Street route 70 Bridge Route 26
2. Bentz St/ Motter Avenue/Opossumtown Pike West South Street North City Limits
3. East Street Monocacy Blvd (Walser Drive) North Market Street
4. Baughman’s Lane US Route 40 Rosemont Avenue
5. South Jefferson Street Prospect Boulevard West Patrick Street
6. Monocacy Boulevard East South Street East Patrick Street
7. S. Market Loats Alley
8. Monocacy Boulevard Gas House Pike MD Route 15
9. Gas House Pike/ Monocacy Blvd. East St. Church Street
10. Mill Island Prkwy Waterside Drive Monocacy Ford Road
11. Patrick Street NB/ Ramp US Route 15 Bailes Lane
12. South Street / West Patrick Street City Limits Reich’s Ford Road
13. Yellow Springs Road/ City Limits N. Bentz Street
Rosemont Avenue/Dill Avenue
14. Seventh Street Military Road East Street
15. Butterfly Lane Mt. Phillip Road Route 180
16. Military Rd. West 7th St. Rosemont Ave.
17. Waterside Drive Monocacy Blvd. City Limits
The Frederick Police Department, along with the City of Frederick will be providing updates as the storm approaches.
Updates from the Frederick Police Department can also be found on Facebook and Twitter.
For additional information contact Susan Harding at email@example.com or 301.600.1385.