Mid-Atlantic Utilities, Inc. will begin water main replacement work on
Rosemont Avenue between Culler Avenue and College Avenue on Monday, January 19th . . .
Construction will continue through November 2015.
Water Main Replacement Activity - Long Term Project
Frederick, MD January 15, 2015: Mid-Atlantic Utilities, Inc. will begin water main replacement work on Rosemont Avenue between Culler Avenue and College Avenue on Monday, January 19th. Construction will continue through November 2015.
Work activity will include saw cutting of the pavement and service line trenches and trench excavation for the installation of new piping.
Parking along the street in this area is strongly discouraged during this project. During non-working hours, miscellaneous equipment and material will be stored within the parking lanes of the streets as necessary.
Traffic control will include lane shifts, lane closures and flagging operation between the hours of 7:00PM to 5:00AM.
For additional information contact: Department of Public Works at 301-600-1440 or email email@example.com
*Included In this media release is the letter distributed to residents in the project area.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Letter Sent to Residents
Dill Ave. - (N. Bentz St. to Upper College Terr..) Rosemont Ave. - (Upper College Ten. To Culler Ave. Water Loss Reductions Newsletter
January 13, 2015 Edition One
WHERE IS IT HAPPENING:
• Dill Avenue from N. Bentz Street to Upper College Terrace
u Rosemont Avenue from Upper College Terrace to Culler Avenue
WHAT IS HAPPENING:
• Our project's purpose is to replace undersized, leaking and deteriorated mains that will provide better water quality and increased pressure.
• The water main installation process will include multiple passes through the work area to install the water main piping, water services, permanent restoration, etc. All areas will be refilled with stone and temporary asphalt prior to the end of each work shift.
• There will be a combination of flagging and lane shifts during construction with all travel lanes open to traffic at the end of each work shift. Access will be provided to residents while the traffic control is in place. Postal delivery, garbage collection, and school bus routes will not be affected.
• There will be "No-Parking" signs posted within the work area and will move as the work progresses.
• This schedule provides for the quickest construction schedule and the least impact on the residents.
• Weekly updates will be provided to The City of Frederick for posting on the City's official website www.cityoffrederick.com.
WHEN IS IT HAPPENING:
• Water main construction will begin around January 19, 2015 and continue through
November, 2015. Construction activity will be limited to daily work areas of 250' to
500' at a time and will progress down the street as each portion of the project is completed (main installation, water service replacements, trench paving, etc...).
• The "in-street" work will be noisy (sawing, pavement breaking, equipment idling) with the construction activities occurring from,... 7:00a.m. until,.. 5:00p.m. each weekday.
WHO ARE THE PROJECT CONTACTS:
• The City contacts are:
- DPW 24 Hour Switchboard at 301-600-1160
- Keith Brown City Project Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ben Arneson Water Superintendent at email@example.com
• The Project Manager for the Design-Builder is:
Mark Clites- Mid Atlantic Utilities, Inc.- 717-258-1644 or firstname.lastname@example.org