The City of Frederick Christmas Tree Drop Off and Recycling program will begin on December 26, 2014 and continue through January 31, 2015. The drop off points will be.....
Christmas Tree Drop Off & Recycling Program
Runs from December 26, 2104 – January 31, 2015
Frederick, MD - December 22, 2014: The City of Frederick Christmas Tree Drop Off and Recycling program will begin on December 26, 2014 and continue through January 31, 2015. The drop off points will be:
• Harry Grove Stadium lower parking lot
• Husky Park Yard 2 on Highland Street
• Tasker's Chance parking lot on Key Parkway behind Westridge Shopping Center
• Max Kehne parking lot on West 7th Street
Each park will have a drop off area designated by a sign. Please make sure trees are free of all ornaments, garland, tinsel, lights, and/or tree stands. Please remove any plastic bags from around the trees.
As part of The City of Frederick's recycling efforts, Christmas trees are collected annually and ground into mulch. This effort has many beneficial results and also conserves space in the landfill.
Mulch is good for:
• Soil temperature moderation
• Moisture/water retention
• Reduction of competition (weeds)
• Recycling of nutrients through decomposition
• Conserves City funds through a reduction of purchased mulch
Questions should be directed to the Parks Department at 301-600-1173 or Department of Public Works at 301-600-1440. Please join The City of Frederick to conserve resources and help the environment.
For additional information contact Susan Harding at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301.600.1385