Mayor Randy McClement and the Historic Preservation Commission announced the Historic Preservation Award winners for 2014 at the May 1st Public Meeting of the Mayor and Board of Aldermen.
CONTACT: Susan S. Harding, Public Information Officer, 301-600-1385
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Friday, May 2, 2014
Historic Preservation Award Winners Announced
Frederick, MD -- Mayor Randy McClement and the Historic Preservation Commission announced the Historic Preservation Award winners for 2014 at the May 1st Public Meeting of the Mayor and Board of Aldermen. The following individuals and organizations were recognized and honored for outstanding preservation efforts throughout the City:
• Two projects were recognized in the category of “Bricks and Mortar Rehabilitation” for superlative restoration and rehabilitation work:
? Glen and Julia Ferguson for 122 East Patrick Street
? Stephen Kocan, Norma Cernadas, and Doug Chappell for 434 North Market Street.
• The Frederick Rescue Mission and Proffitt & Associates Architects were the awardees in the category of “New Construction” for the sensitive design and construction of an addition at 419 West South Street.
• All Saints Episcopal Church was granted the “Stewardship” award for their exemplary maintenance of and impeccable workmanship 106 West Church Street.
• Gary Baker and Anthony Moscato were the winners in the category of “Community Leadership” for their extraordinary service to the City in the field of historic preservation.
• Robin Bowins-Bacon, Nina Wars, Starr Gardiner, Kaliyah Bowins, Jaedyn Parker, and Velma Lawson from Asbury United Methodist Church won the “This Place Matters” photo contest.
“The efforts of these individuals and organizations are outstanding. These projects demonstrate their pride in our historic City.” said Mayor Randy McClement.
Photographs of the award-winning projects will be posted on www.cityoffrederick.com/preservation (click on “Resources”) and on the HPC’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/cityoffrederickhpc.