Juvenile charged in reference to three separate incidents of theft from motor vehicle in Frederick City.
The Frederick Police Department's Street Crimes Unit with assistance from the Patrol Division charged a Frederick juvenile in reference to three separate incidents of theft from motor vehicle. All three thefts occurred in the downtown Frederick area and from vehicles that were inadvertently left unlocked by the victims. The identity of the juvenile is being withheld and this case if being forwarded to the Frederick County Department of Juvenile Services for review.
The Frederick Police Department would like to take this opportunity to remind citizens to take the following precautions to prevent becoming a victim and assist the Frederick Police in catching the perpetrators responsible.
* Lock your vehicle at all times and roll up your windows
* Remove everything from your vehicle when you leave, especially valet keys
* Park in a well lit area if possible
* If you have an alarm system use it faithfully
* Report all suspicious activity immediately using the non-emergency number (301-600-2102)
Release Author: Sgt. P. Beliveau #329
Investigating Officer: OFC M. Irons #349