The City of Frederick will be providing special storm related yard waste pick up services beginning Monday, November 5th and continuing through Thursday, November 8th . The yard waste schedule is as follows:
CONTACT: Susan Harding, Public Information Officer, 301-600-1385
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Thursday, November 1, 2012
City Schedules Special Storm Related Yard Waste Pick Up
Frederick, MD -- The City of Frederick will be providing special storm related yard waste pick up services beginning Monday, November 5th and continuing through Thursday, November 8th . The yard waste schedule is as follows:
• Monday, November 5th – NAC Areas 3, 4 and 6
• Tuesday, November 6th – NAC Areas 1, 5 and 9
• Wednesday, November 7th – NAC Areas 8 and 10
• Thursday, November 8th – NAC Areas 7, 11 and 12
Please note - We understand this may not be your normal pick up day and after this special pick up is completed yard waste schedules will return to normal.
PLEASE NOTE - All yard waste items must meet the following yard waste standards stated below. The Department of Public Works does not have the proper equipment to collect large trees and branches that do not meet the standards below for yard waste items:
• Items can be put out in paper kraft bags and/or plastic trash cans 35 gallons or smaller in size. No plastic bags allowed.
• Loose items such as leaves, branches, trimmings, weeds, and flowers must be in containers and/or bundled with biodegradable twine or string.
• Branches must be less than 6 inches in diameter and less than 7 feet in length.
• Edible products from any garden, yard, lawn or landscaped area are not acceptable.
Please put your yard waste items out curb side in front of your house on the day before scheduled pick up. We will not be running trucks down any alleys during this special pick up.
Please contact the Department of Public Works at 301-600-1680 or 301-600-1377 if you have any questions regarding this special pick up schedule.