Dog Park Rules & Regulations
The rules are established by the Parks and Recreation Commission on February 20, 2008.
- All dogs must have a valid Frederick County or out of district license and current rabies tag in order to receive a City of Frederick Parks Department Dog Park Usage Tag. Once purchased, this tag must be worn at all times by the dog while using the dog park.
- No female dogs in heat.
- No dogs under four months of age.
- Handler may have no more than two dogs at one time.
- All handlers must be 16 years old or older.
- No children under the age of 10 allowed in the dog park unless with adult 18 years old or older.
- Dogs shall be removed at the first sign of aggression. Aggressive dogs shall not be permitted within the park.
- "Aggressive dog" is defined as a dog(s) posing a threat to human beings or other animals. Handlers are legally responsible for their dog(s) and any injury caused by them.
- Owner / Handler shall carry a leash at all times. Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting park.
- Owner / Handler must clean up after their dog(s).
- No food, no smoking, no glass containers.
- No professional dog training or grooming.
- Owner / Handler must remain inside gate within view of dog(s) at all times.
- Owner / Handler must fill in holes created by their dog(s).
- Excessive barking will not be tolerated. Persistent barking will require dog(s) to be removed from the premises.
- Hours of Operation: Dawn to 10 p.m.
Registration and tags are available at the William R. Talley Recreation Center located at:
121 North Bentz Street
Frederick, Maryland 21701
Phone: 301-600-1492/Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration fee and tag are good for the life of the dog. Download the application for dog park registration (PDF).
Directions from Route 15
From Route 15 - exit onto Rosemont Avenue. Continue straight through light at end of ramp onto West 2nd Street. At intersection with North Bentz Street, turn right. Proceed one block to park on right.
This area is not supervised. Owners / Handlers are legally responsible for their dog(s) at all times. The City of Frederick assumes no responsibility for liability for conduct of dog(s) or their owners / handlers. The city reserves the right to remove a dog from the park.