- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Application Bricks and Mortar (PDF)
- CDBG Public Services (PDF)
- CDBG applicant letter
- Frederick Goals
- Schedule Project Proposals 2020
The mission of the Community Development Division is to successfully administer and manage the City's CDBG, an annual grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, with the overall goal of assisting low- and moderate-income persons and neighborhoods.
Community Development Activities
Community Development Activities Include:
- Activities to Affirmatively Further Fair Housing: including staff support to Frederick's Fair Housing Commission as well as collaboration with the Frederick County Association of Realtors to host the Annual Fair Housing Conference.
- Administration of Housing Rehabilitation Programs and loan portfolio management. The Community Development Division is an administering agency for State of Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) Residential Rehabilitation Loans and Lead-Hazard Reduction Grants.
- General Program Administration: Overall grant management, record keeping, environmental reviews and required reporting.
- Oversight and monitoring of CDBG funded activities by the City and its sub-recipients.
- Planning: Preparation of Five-year Consolidated Plan, Annual Action Plans, CAPER
As an entitlement community, the City of Frederick receives an annual award directly from HUD to administer the CDBG Program. The primary goal of the City's of Frederick's Community Development Block Grant program is the creation of a thriving urban community through the provision of assistance to low- and moderate-income (LMI) households in the forms of:
- Affordable housing opportunities
- Basic shelter
- Expanded economic opportunities
- Suitable living environments
- Supportive services related to over the past ten years
The City of Frederick has primarily designated its CDBG entitlement funding toward affordable housing, revitalization and public service-related activities via a competitive sub-recipient application process.