Public Art Commission
- 4:30 p.m.
- Second Tuesday of every month
- Meeting Dates and Deadlines
Agendas are available prior to the meetings.
Most Recent Agenda | View All
Minutes are available after the meeting.
Most Recent Minutes | View All
- Wendell Poindexter, - September 6, 2016 - September 5, 2019
- Kathryn Kuranda, January 18, 2019 - January 17, 2022
- Alison Cain, Chair September 6, 2016 - September 5, 2019
- Donna Rosano, January 18, 2019 - January 17, 2022
- Tracey Daniel, August 4, 2017 - August 3, 2020
- Louis Dewey Stewart, February 2, 2018 - February 1, 2021
- Norvis J. Long-Parker, February 2, 2018 - February 1, 2021
- Emily Wise VanderWoude, January 18, 2019 - January 17, 2022
- Ellen Martin, January 18, 2019 - January 17, 2022
- Bob Smith, Deputy Director, January 22, 2016 - January 21, 2019
- Alderwoman Donna Kuzemchak, Liaison
The Public Art Commission is charged with providing advice and recommendations concerning the acquisition of art by the city and the display of public art on property owned or controlled by the city or located within the historic preservation overlay district.
Whether a public art project is funded by the City or by a private source, it is vital to have a resource to assist with design, process, materials, conservation plans, durability, funding sources, budgeting, etc. This is why the City has a public arts commission.
The Public Art Commission (PAC) consists of mayor-appointed citizens who are artists and arts professionals who, together, can provide information and advice to help public arts projects succeed.
Frederick is a VERY art-friendly community with many organizations actively promoting the arts and participating in a variety of public art projects. The PAC has assisted in bringing many ideas to fruition for projects brought forth by civic organizations, a church, social service organizations, arts organizations, nonprofit organizations and individual artists. There is a proposal form available that outlines the process – which is open to all. Contact email@example.com
The PAC is bound by a resolution of the Mayor and Board of Alderman, under which it was formed in 2011. All PAC meetings are open to the public and anyone is welcome to attend. All minutes of our meetings are posted on the City’s website – including any public comments.
Please download the application to install public art work here.
Public information contact: