Grow Small Business Assistance Program
The Grow Conditional Micro Grant program is one of the small business tools that the City offers to small businesses locating or expanding within The City of Frederick. It is intended to provide sustainable business development in the City. Helping innovative, small, and start-up businesses grow strong, deep roots in Frederick will help create the jobs and tax base of the future.
The Grow Conditional Micro Grant assists start-ups and small businesses with matching grants and is designed for Frederick's targeted industries. Funding for catalytic projects can also be considered under this program.
The intent is to lower start-up costs or the expansion costs that a small business faces as it opens and grows, improving building capacity for the use of targeted industries, and increasing employment opportunities in Frederick.
Recipients of the Grow Conditional Micro Grant will:
(1) be assigned project contacts through The City of Frederick to assist with questions,
(2) receive customized follow-up from DED
(3) receive access to promotional opportunities.
This comprehensive approach is designed to give qualifying companies the necessary suite of business support services to thrive. Businesses not qualifying for the Grow Conditional Micro Grant program may also have access to these services.
Applications will be reviewed against a scoring system to determine which businesses will be funded.
Completed applications may be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
Please contact DED with program questions.
- 50:50 matching grant up to a maximum of $5,000
- Graduates of FITCI are eligible to receive up to $10,000
- Business in the targeted industries of advanced technology, manufacturing, life sciences, and information technology are eligible to apply.
- Catalytic projects in other industries can be considered for funding
- Business must be located or be relocating to The City of Frederick
- Company must have 25 or fewer full-time employees
- Initial funding for the program is set at $30,000