The mission of the Sustainability Manager and Sustainability Committee is to provide guidance on and lead projects that maintain balance between economic, social, and ecological needs of residents and businesses for today and future generations. Sustainable projects will help provide better transportation, buildings, neighborhoods, parks, and healthy places to work and live. The Sustainability team works with all departments and with the public for holistic project management.
Renewable Energy Initiatives
- The City is purchasing renewable energy credits.
- The City is purchasing the credits through our energy provider, Mid-American, and the costs for renewables in our December 2020-December 2022 contract year are less than what we are paying today
- The City continues to upgrade our lights to LEDs as we have resources and staff to do so. We continue to conduct energy audits on City facilities to help budget for updates within those buildings. This will help reduce our carbon footprint and increase energy savings.
- 2018 Sustainability Annual Report
- The Urban Forests of Frederick in a Changing Climate
- The City of Frederick’s Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Plan
- Renewable Energy Policy
- Energy Efficiency Policy
- HEAL Resolution
- Urban Forestry Management Plan
- 2016 Tree Canopy Assessment Report
- 2009 Tree Canopy Assessment Report
- Stormwater Management Utility Fee Credit Application
- Order a Compost Bin
- Tax Credit for High Performance Buildings